• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Huntresses Attack Monsters --in 2-D!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Hi Legendary Sidekick! Merry Xmas and I love your cartoon strips. You're so talented! The one about the Princess and the peas is hilarious! I recognise some of the characters from our Flat Earth RPG.
Glad you're enjoying it so far. Yeah, that's the same Addison Lane. I've always wanted to do a series with her and other characters I created in 2012. I'm already considering what other adventures Addy and Baldy can get into now that I've stepped up my game in illustration.

Merry Christmas, Ruby!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
The Christmas strip is my third textless piece. I don't know if people like these, but they are fun to draw!

If that's a question, I think they're working great. Most series from time to time rely on a handful of different formulas for how any individual installment reads, and if this is one of your formulas, I think it's a very unique and surprisingly satisfying one. To me it works really well with your art style.

Have a Happy Christmas!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
You do what you've got to do. I think your comic is on its way to being something awesome, but nobody can prioritize your life for you. I hope you'll be able to get back to it before too long.

Good luck with the job hunt!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Thanks, Devor. You've been extremely supportive of this, and I appreciate that a lot! I will still make time for commissions and such, as well as drawing something every week. Well, I draw every day in my sketch book, but I mean I'll scan and color at least one drawing a week.

I don't regret doing the comic, but I have to admit that committing to a Friday update is cutting into my job-search time. I reaped the benefits of being a way better artist than I was, so the comic has helped me in more ways than one. I intend to keep it going, but... stable income first!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
You should update the main strip with an "On Hiatus" post - a piece of art that features the characters waving at the screen and a big sign with the words "We'll be back (by sometime????)" and a little note, "Please see blog" (or even an essential question instead).

Are you setting up an email list? You should ask people to subscribe to be informed of when the strip comes back.

^ I don't know how many views you're actually getting, but all this would be the professional thing to do.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I think the break may be longer than I originally thought. My first-ever Mythic Scribes article is about HAM2D. It's not a check-out-my-site article. Just raw honesty.

Click "HOME" to read the Feb. 14 article if you're curious.