• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I am the Crazy Wolf

I'm new to writing, but I've had an idea stuck in my head for a long time, and I want to share and develop it more with other passionate writers. I have some prior training from a few screenwriting classes, but I'm always looking to enhance my skills and ideas. I still consider myself an amateur.

To be honest, I'm fighting that urge to isolate myself by joining a community of people who share an interest in fantasy and world-building. I'm trying to be more social, and maybe meet other people who might be interested in what I have. I always appreciate feedback (especially grammar errors, my revisions can be terrible sometimes).

I like science-fiction and adventure movies. I jam out to Rush for inspiration and have been interested in storytelling since I was five watching Thomas the Tank Engine. I've had many ideas for stories that I've wanted to make, and never finished, but I have been focusing on one particular project. Another formality that I would like to go ahead and get out of the way is, yes, I am a furry, but I'm harmless. I usually don't even bring it up, but I know someone, somewhere might ask when they look at my project. So, now you know, whoever you were. :)

I'm hoping that I will find the motivation to finally finish this project, and I think being on this forum might help give me that motivation, and maybe some new friends with common interests. Well, there's my greeting. How are you? :)

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Yeah, Zepplin has found a new home with me. I think in the past, while I knew their work, I never really gave it much attention. It was either on the radio or not. But since I started playing Guitar on my own, my appreciation for what bands to has gone way up. And in discovering them again.... Zepplin is just something the others cant be. When we say Gods of Rock, we really mean Zepplin ;)

Yeah, Zepplin has found a new home with me. I think in the past, while I knew their work, I never really gave it much attention. It was either on the radio or not. But since I started playing Guitar on my own, my appreciation for what bands to has gone way up. And in discovering them again.... Zepplin is just something they cant be. When we say Gods of Rock, we really mean Zepplin ;)
Zepplin always gets me hyped up. Great for space fights in VR I find. They pretty much guarantee a victory every time. :D Rush always had a place in my heart though. I recently have been interested in understanding the ideas and motivations behind their 2112 album. Temple of Syrinx is my favorite song right now. :D

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, the music I write to is neither of them. Just the same haunting type song the is on repeat. I play it till it plays and I am not really hearing it anymore, then write.

I just recently saw Robert Plant in concert. I looked and was shocked that he was still doing it, and that he was just about to play near my home, so...I went. It was pretty cool. Wish I would have seen them when Bonham was alive. My brother was into many bands, and is a larger Rush fan than I.

Last edited:
Well, the music I write to is neither of them. Just the same haunting type song the is on repeat. I play it till it plays and I am not really hearing it anymore, then write.

I just recently say Robert Plant in concert. I looked and was shocked that he was still doing it, and that he was just about to play near my home, so...I went. It was pretty cool. Wish I would have seen them when Bonham was alive. My brother was into many bands, and is a larger Rush fan than I.
That's awesome that you make music! I've been playing around with songs on FL Studio for a while. Mostly just synthy kind of stuff. Some ambient projects, retro wave, and some experimental stuff. I've been doing it for a while, but I haven't ever shared it online, mostly out of social anxiety, but that's also why I'm here, to beat the anxiety and make new friends. :)

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I play campfire songs :) Catching up on Christmas Carols at present. But I have developed an arthritic feeling in one of my fingers, its slowing me down. I wish it would go away. I am not online playing anywhere. Last 'concert' I had was at a family reunion. playing a lot of the songs my Dad used to. Mostly Folk, and not rock. Was getting ready for another reunion, but the one hosting got a bad diagnosis, and it kind of ended the effort cause they have more to worry about in the next year. I am not expecting them to live.

But...never know. I think its 50-50 if we will do another anytime soon.

For me, I mostly play for myself, and write with the intention to share. That's why I'm here.

I used to play piano, but there are not too many who bring a piano to a campfire ;)

I play campfire songs :) Catching up on Christmas Carols at present. But I have developed an arthritic feeling in one of my fingers, its slowing me down. I wish it would go away. I am not online playing anywhere. Last 'concert' I had was at a family reunion. playing a lot of the songs my Dad used to. Mostly Folk, and not rock. Was getting ready for another reunion, but the one hosting got a bad diagnosis, and it kind of ended the effort cause they have more to worry about in the next year. I am not expecting them to live.

But...never know. I think its 50-50 if we will do another anytime soon.

For me, I mostly play for myself, and write with the intention to share. That's why I'm here.

I used to play piano, but there are not too many who bring a piano to a campfire ;)
I think campfire music is nice to relax to. Sometimes I put on a playlist of the STALKER campfire guitar songs and write to that. I'm sorry to hear about the fingers and the host. It's good to hear that you have a love for music though. I learned from Vangelis that music is a universal language that could be understood by anybody, so I always looked at music as a way of communicating. I really like Vangelis, and his philosophy about music always resonated with me. :)

I used to play piano at one point too, at least before I took a steel girder to the head. Tornado. Really windy day. I can't play live anymore because my hands can't stay timed with each other anymore, but at least I can still draw the music in FL. Music can take you on a great life-long journey. :)

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Zeppelin, no doubt. A guitarist I know, who has knowledge of guitars and guitarists way, way beyond my own, wasn't a Zeppelin fan until his new singer made him keep listening to LZ. Then, he had an epiphany, this one thing he'd thought was an error in Page's playing he realized to be intentional. He called it genius, and then he went on to really listen to LZ and Page and went from skeptic to believer in his middle age years, heh heh.

While Zeppelin is a standard for me, for writing I stick more to Enigma, Heilung, and GoT sountrack for mood/background music. Zeppelin, AC/DC, Slade (Run Runaway is a get the brain going staple), Iron Maiden, The Smiths, The Clash, are good for wake me up tunes, for writing I stick to more ambiance.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, in writing mode, I tend to avoid songs that have lyrics unless the lyrics seem to fit the mood or character I am writing. Zeppelin does not work for me in that regard. But as a appreciator, I am amazed at their ability. Never heard of STALKER campfire, but now I went an looked it up. Not what I would have thought from a word like stalker. Very smooth and melow...but also beyond my ability ;)