• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I was bored, so I decided to write a constitution for my fictional nation.

I got bored, and as a person interested in world-building, I decided to write my fictional nation's (Anachronesia) constitution. This is what I have so far:

The Constitution of the Parliamentary Kingdom of Anachronesia

Herein this proclamation, granted by the majority of the state peoples, shall it be declared the causes and order, resolved by the Council of Commons, the Senate, and the Royal Court, of the united and common folk of this monarchy, which centralizes the many provinces into a unitary kingdom of the monarch and Parliament, to create a sovereign union of the continental masses, be ordained and established as the Constitution of the Parliamentary Kingdom of Anachronesia.

Article I
Section I

The highest authority of this land shall be granted to the monarch, be that of a king or a queen, to which thou shall rule over this land with tender regard and heedful vigilance, for it is decreed that they shall adhere to this Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land.

Section 2

The monarch, albeit bestowed with myriad deeds and might, shall seek to the Parliament, of a tricameral legislature, as a means of advisory, of the gain of approval or objection, and permissions to indulge in such laws and propositions thou desires to bring forth.

JBCrowson

Inkling
Wait...who ratified this?
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in finest shimmering cliches etc.

Like the idea of writing a constitution. One of my favourite lines from such documents is the opening of the bill that (re)created the Scottish parliament after a few hundred years gap - "1 - There shall be a Scottish Parliament."