• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Introducing Self

Tigrrl

I write young adult and adult paranormal, with a view to eventually writing paranormal romance, although so far I have "kept it Disney." I discovered this forum when searching for the term for the skirt-like garment or armor depicted on ancient Roman gladiators, which is apparently petruges. I was reading a published series where it was referred to as a "kilt" which bugged me, because I am Scottish, and Roman gladiators were most certainly not wearing kilts. Kilts are specifically a Celtic cultural clothing item, made of pleated tartan plaid flannel, not strips of leather or cloth studded with metal, worn by ancient Romans. I was taken to task by a group of editors once for referring to leather slippers worn by an early American as "moccasins" since I had not made it absolutely clear yet in the piece that the events were occurring in early America. I had planned to respond to the original post in Mythic Scribes with the correct term, only to discover after joining that others had already replied with the information. So, what the heck. I am a writer of fantasy. I will stick around and investigate further.

Welcome to the Mythic Scribes site Tigrri and enjoy your explorations here! We hope the site can inspire and, in some small way, be helpful with your own work. There's a wealth of information and discussion to sift through on almost every topic I've ever found myself wishing to explore. :)

Tigrrl

Thank you! It's Tigrrl, like girl and grrr combined. I will invite my writers group to join. Thanks again!