• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kizuna: Fiction for Japan

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Amazon.com: Kizuna: Fiction for Japan (9781466223172): Brent Millis, Robert M Price, Andersen Prunty, Katherine Govier, Alvin Pang, Yuusuke Tokita, Fulvio Gatti, Shinya Gaku, Vittorio Catani, Lucía González Lavado, Glynn Barrass, Michael Moorcock, Ma

I wanted to mention this for a while, but didn't know if it was OK to promote stuff on the page. I'm currently in an anthology called "Kizuna: Fiction for Japan" which is a charity anthology for orphans in the Tohoku area of Japan which was struck last March by a massive earthquake and tsunami. There are several dozen authors in the anthology headlined by Michael Moorcock. I'm very glad to be included in such a worthy cause to raise money as I live in Japan now and used to live in the area where the earthquake struck (Fukushima). I was also very pleased to be listed among Moorcock as he's a legend in fantasy and the coiner of the term "sword and sorcery" of which I'm a huge fan.

My story is called "Billie Goat Gruff 2056" and details a boy who is harrassed by trolls on the internet and decides to become a "troll hunter" only for the police to later make a rather bizarre discovery at one of the crime scenes. Most of the stories in the anthology are flash fiction, so you can get a sample of each author's work. I believe Moorcock's story is the longest.

The anthology includes English translations of many Japanese authors as well, which I think is pretty awesome as it's rather difficult to find work by lesser known Japanese authors unless you read Japanese. There are stories of all types: horror, fantasy, bizarro, romance, sci-fi, and others.

The money all goes to a good cause (NPO Smile Kids Japan) so I'm even happier to be included for that reason.

Available on Kindle and in paperback.