• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Newbie here!

Jean Bean

Hello, everyone! I'm Jean Bean. I often end up in writing forums when googling questions like, "how far can a horse walk in a day?" and "can dragons live in cold regions?" After spending so much time in these forums, I decided I should just sign up for one already so that I can be part of the discussion! I am a twenty-something casual writer. Writing is cathartic to me, as I'm sure it is for all of you. It's the safety net I turn to when work has sent my stress levels through the roof.

I wrote a series of fantasy stories as a teenager that were, well, a bit of a Narnia knockoff. I loved my characters and their growth, though. I still do. So whenever I'm in the mood to write, I pick these stories back up and try to make them better. While I normally just pick a chapter and rewrite it, I used my furlough time to rework the plot. My goal is to turn it into something I'm proud of, even if it never sees the light of day.

You'll see me posting here and there about these stories. Happy writing, and I look forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome to the Scribes. This is definitely the place to go for both answers and for discussion. Kick your shoes off and have a look around; there's a *lot* of material here!