• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Puzzles

Rexenm

Inkling
Do you put mysteries into your stories? I like the first Redwall book, the prisoner of Azkaban, and of course the Divinci code…

I thought of a puzzle, reminiscent of Adam and Eve, the forbidden fruit. It goes like this: The first had the third, the second had the two, and the third, but not the second. It means Adam had his wife and daughter, four boys, but did not allow his mother to bear to his children. It also comes with a puzzle, that frees them of the poisons. A tri force, with clockwise 1 2 3 and 3 6 9 15, spiralling from the middle, to left then right, then the bottom - saying something about plants, and looking like a wineglass without the bottom being held with index and thumb.…

Do you have any magical renditions like this?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I do have a giant and mostly unseen puzzle. The characters are only cursorily aware of it. Its bitten them in two stories.

Part of the issue with it is those that made it went to some trouble to keep it hidden and forgotten, so they have to uncover it as they go.

And its complex. Designed not to be solved.

It does have a feel of multiple pieces that work with other pieces to unlock it and each is surrounded in its own mysteries.

No numerology though.