• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tangled

I remember watching South Park at way too early and age…oh and Ren and Stimpy which was on Nickelodeon, anyone remember that?! That was not meant for an 8 year old to watch 😂

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I remember watching South Park at way too early and age…oh and Ren and Stimpy which was on Nickelodeon, anyone remember that?! That was not meant for an 8 year old to watch 😂
Totally remember Ren and Stimpy. It changed the face of animation and how far we're willing to go for a laugh... which explains a lot of my humor. lol Personally, I didn't like the show, but pretty much all of my friends did. This was high school in the very early 90's.

Last edited:
I used to love it even though I didn’t get all the adult references. Actually I don’t think it was on Nickelodeon (?) Fox maybe. That was a great era for actual kids animation though. Plenty of humour for the adults too now looking back.

Mad Swede

Auror
My mother used to criticise Hanna Barbera cartoons. Her criticism was about the quality of animation, but she also admitted that because the animation was relatively low quality the writing and the stories had to be much stronger to make up for it.