• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Road Goes Ever On and On- Now Available in Paperback

Tolkien

Troubadour
J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth has captured the imaginations of millions of readers around the world for generations. He is considered the father of modern fantasy, but few understand how Tolkien's worldview impacted his mythology. The Road Goes Ever On and On is the first book of its kind to place Tolkien within his proper context, giving the reader a deeper understanding of Tolkien and Middle-earth. Smith takes us on a quest through a wide range of Tolkien's writings to unlock Tolkien's perspective--a perspective that, like the elves who have sailed into the West leaving Middle-earth, has faded away from our world.

You will gain an in-depth knowledge of Tolkien's views on politics, environmentalism, religion, and much more. From the Valar to Hobbits, the free peoples closely follow Tolkien's sentiments. In contrast, forces under the Shadow represent what Tolkien believed was immoral. Covering a wide range of topics and bringing Middle-earth to life like never before, making this the 'one book to rule them all.'

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DDXWS532/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Tom Hockney

Acolyte
This sort of work is appreciated in the deluge of 'adaptions' being produced by people who care nothing for Tolkien's philosophy and vission (Amazon (n))
I was wondering, did you licence the rights to make money off of LOTR adaptions, or is it under a Creative Commons licence? I'm just wondering on the legality of this.

Keep up the good work :)

Tolkien

Troubadour
This sort of work is appreciated in the deluge of 'adaptions' being produced by people who care nothing for Tolkien's philosophy and vission (Amazon (n))
I was wondering, did you licence the rights to make money off of LOTR adaptions, or is it under a Creative Commons licence? I'm just wondering on the legality of this.

Keep up the good work :)

This does function as a perfect antidote to Amazon!

But this does not utilize his writings to create; it is an analysis of the professor and how he operated his worldview in Middle-earth, helping us understand Middle-earth from the perspective of its creator.