• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

"They'll Never Take Our Freedom"?

I've been thinking about my sequel series a lot recently. I just have a few problems so far.
I'm actually writing a book on how Kaiyumian alchemy works so that way I can get my mind rolling and keep writing. I'm not sure on publishing this book though. It's pretty much a textbook on how Kaiyumian alchemy works. Think it should be published? I'm also thinking on publishing a timeline of Kaiyumi and the Kaiyumian characters. (an example of what I'm planning for these two books is the "Hyrulian Historia")

Also, I'm thinking on adding an immortal character; William Wallace.

Ever since I read about Wallace, I instantly respected him and his character. His story is not that far off from Arylos's in fact. I think that the two could really get along. Here's what I've developed for Wallace so far;
Gained immortality
Remained living in hiding ever since his original death.
Arylos finds him later in the story and makes him an ally. (After some dispute)

I'm not sure if I want to finally kill Wallace in the end. Arylos is really close with Wallace and Nicholas Flamel and I want someone close to him die. I think Flamel will hit Arylos closer, but I personally don't want to come up with a death scene for one of my idols plus Arylos will be completely distraught. Wallace would be another option, but how would I kill him and how would Arylos react (considering that Wallace betrayed Arylos once)

I was thinking on having Arylos's father Aryas (who was in hibernation by this time until Arylos awakens him from his slumber) or Arylos's wife Iris. I think Aryas could work, but all of Reality will be completely distorted beyond salvaging if he died. Another set of Divine Wars will break out. (repeating the same wars in the past novels so I don't want to start another Divine War) I also think Iris would be good, but if she dies, (she's based off of my girlfriend, and future wife, by the way) Arylos will either kill himself or seek revenge by ravaging his enemies and Reality as well. What do you think works?

One last problem is that I can't find a plot. All of the villains in the past novels will be dead and the way they died makes them unable to be resurrected. I also don't want to repeat a Divine War or all of that. The Sages are dead and their servants, the Seven Sorrows, are dead as well; their souls burned to cinders. I was thinking on having the borders of Reality bend by accident causing the supernatural to live amongst humans living normal lives. (This series is going to span several years in time) I want to have Arylos try to find a way to reverse the effects and return Reality to its formal state but in order to do so, he needs to train three humans to repeat the same Anoron legend that Arylos was involved in in the original series; three beings, one with knowledge, the other with the power to destroy, and the other with the power to recreate, will come together and form a massive Transmutation to balance out the powers. This is the same legend with Aryas symbolizing Comprehension, Arylos symbolizing Destruction/Deconstruction, and Iris symbolizing Creation/Recreation and using all three's powers to overthrow the Sages.

The dimensional anomaly that caused the changes is strictly accidental. There's just a few beings that want the bend to remain the same and not revert it back to normal. This, I think, will be one of the conflicts leading to a MINOR Divine War, not as major as the last one, but I'm having humans being a major fighter in this war.

How does this sound so far?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Coming from academia, I'm gonna have to come down on the side of, "Please, dead heavens, so not publish a textbook." Anything relevant you have to say, you can work into the sequel. Else, you have the prologue from Hell.

Coming from academia, I'm gonna have to come down on the side of, "Please, dead heavens, so not publish a textbook." Anything relevant you have to say, you can work into the sequel. Else, you have the prologue from Hell.

OK, thanks.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? I just had a thought of finding a deity or character that is strong enough to revive the souls of the Sages (bast book's villains. They died when Arylos burned their souls and absorbed them) Any ideas as to any deities to use? My first thought was Demise, Kind of Armageddon, but he's a Sage so he doesn't count. Maybe one of Archon race, but I'm not sure if Archons (to our knowledge) practiced necromancy.