• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This Blog is Terribad

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Aleririch was in your flash story, dwelling in Winters house. Yet his sister Elspeth was not mentioned as living there with him, despite being pregnant and all. (Then again, I had her moving in with Sandra and a Rabbit or two in one of the tales I wrote)

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Aleririch was in your flash story, dwelling in Winters house. Yet his sister Elspeth was not mentioned as living there with him, despite being pregnant and all. (Then again, I had her moving in with Sandra and a Rabbit or two in one of the tales I wrote)
True. There's a lot of people living in the House, now. They're forming quite the found family and it's great fun to write about - and I hope to read about. When we write small flashes like this one, they're just vignettes, snapshots, and we can only show who's directly involved in the action. In "Some Assembly Required," it was all about the guys coming together to help Aodhán with DIY. In "Knitting for Pixies," it's just Etienne and his memories. Like most fantasy worlds, ours is huge and multi-faceted, and we can only show one or two facets at a time. Even in the numbered novels, we're showing this world through a keyhole. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that we'll never touch on publicly, and even more that we will, but haven't gotten to, yet. You will see El again, I promise. She's got a role to play in Book Four and will have a good amount of stage time.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
As a former mailman, that story brought forth pleasant memories...and a few unpleasant ones as well (people calling to ask where their check or meds were)