• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Tracking progress

Gallio

Minstrel
Good day all.
Apologies if there is already a thread for this -- I've done a search but couldn't find it.
I thought I could keep myself disciplined about my writing if I kept a log of my progress (or lack thereof) where others could check on me.
The thread is not just intended for me -- please use it if you want to track your own progress.
I'm writing a high fantasy novel, aiming for +- 125K words. So far I've reached 93.4K.
I write very slowly, and am constantly revising, so I hope to reach 125K by the end of February next year. That will only be the first draft. :)

Last edited:
The thread name you’re looking for is ‘Writer’s Work’ I think. Maybe you could get admin to change it for you? Or otherwise continue with this one and use it to update as needed.

Congrats on getting close to finishing your first draft.

I’m currently also working on an epic fantasy that is planned as far as 3-4 books worth of storytelling. I’ve done a lot of worldbuilding but as I’m writing it it’s evolving slightly and my POV’s are being changed to hopefully make it a little bit faster paced whilst adding more mystery and more hooks. I’m at around 31,000 words, probably around 60,000 if the notes are included, maybe more. I’ve also drafted a map that shows the entirety of where the story is set, but maybe inside the books I’d only show sections of it a la GRRM style, revealing more as the story evolves and the character travel more, seeing as it’s being written in close third.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
As finch has said, several people are already doing this in Writers Work. Just set up your own and get updating.