• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Xanthea

Wardo235

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and just wanted to post my world that I'm working on for a book series I'm writing called Before the Dark.
The realm is called Xanthea and is, to my estimates, a few million miles squared. Now, I know this sounds too big, but there is a lot to it.

The kingdoms of Xanthea are inhabited by the traditional fantasy races of Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls and a race of lizards named Silverscales. Gods play a large part in people's everyday lives, there being 30 Old Gods, the most common worshipped. 15 Miasman (demonic) and 15 Chrysman (angelic). Currently, the world is in its third era; however, all inhabitants of Xanthea have mysterious forgotten what came before these times.

The humans first arrived in 1E1 in the land of Castora; however, it was soon discovered that the Dwarves had in fact been there far before, residing in the mountain range of the Ironpeaks north of the capital of Black Bridge.

So, that is about a 1/1000 of my world, I have so much history and geography that I'd like to share with the community in the future.

Queshire

Istar
Interesting. If there's Old Gods then are their also new gods? And why the half 'n half divide between good and evil for them?

Wardo235

There are new gods but they are not commonly worshipped. For instance, Desolates follow the demonic goddess of fire and decimation, Sielah. She is said to be the wife of Pyriel (the demonic god of destruction), aiding him in running his realm. Desolatism began in The Darklands towards the end of the Dark Era and has been going strong ever since. Desolatism is a new religion, amongst many others.

Also, I made it a 50/50 split because I didn't want to be seen as being biased towards one side as the general idea of the book and the universe itself is a battle between good and evil, angels and demons.