• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Book Cover Art

I'd expect that from most if not all, small publishers, although I'm sure it would depend on the contract whether they were obligated to give you input.
I seem to remember that the contract gave them the final say, but they were happy to use my ideas.

In fact, I just remembered there was one case (out of six) where my idea wasn't used. The publisher liked my idea but the distributor didn't - so they came up with something else, and I have to admit it was a cracker. Also just happened to be my most successful book, which is a little annoying.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
In most cases the bigs know what they're talking about, but every now and again, there's one that makes you wonder.

I seem to remember that the contract gave them the final say, but they were happy to use my ideas.

In fact, I just remembered there was one case (out of six) where my idea wasn't used. The publisher liked my idea but the distributor didn't - so they came up with something else, and I have to admit it was a cracker. Also just happened to be my most successful book, which is a little annoying.