• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Classics

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Classics in general is going to produce a list so long you'd spend your entire life and three more besides trying to get through it.

There are some ready-made lists out there, btw. Search for hundred best novels, hundred best fantasy novels, ... heck, hundred best of anything ... and you'll be off and running. That's where I began for my own reading list. I cull and add every few months, and have done for past couple of decades. (as a side benefit, I indicate which ones I've not read; this becomes a birthday shopping list for when my kids don't know what to buy me; physical books only, and must be signed by them; I have a whole shelf).

BJ Swabb

Sage
Oh we are just discussing out favorites. I love reading many classics. I prefer the classics to many other books. But that is just me personally. Right now I'm ready The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Classics in general is going to produce a list so long you'd spend your entire life and three more besides trying to get through it.

There are some ready-made lists out there, btw. Search for hundred best novels, hundred best fantasy novels, ... heck, hundred best of anything ... and you'll be off and running. That's where I began for my own reading list. I cull and add every few months, and have done for past couple of decades. (as a side benefit, I indicate which ones I've not read; this becomes a birthday shopping list for when my kids don't know what to buy me; physical books only, and must be signed by them; I have a whole shelf).

Yes, but until we get tired, I dont mind talking about them like what you say isn't true. I already learned of one I might never have thought to look for otherwise. And my kitchen is watermelon themed.