• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Enter Witty Introductory Title Here

Sigil

Acolyte
Hello there, my fellow writers/authors/novelists. How are you doing today? After doing some searching on Google, I managed to stumble on this lovely little website. One registration later, and here I am.

A little bit about me. I am a nineteen-year-old living in northern Indiana (anyone else, or is it just me and the corn out here?), having just graduated from high school last year. I'm currently in the process of enlisting with the United States Air Force, but right now I'm studying for my ASVAB, which is the test needed to get into the military. I have aspirations of getting involved with the space or nuclear weapons program... and becoming a New York Times bestselling author while I'm at it!

That being said, I did have a question: what is the policy on non-fantasy fiction in this forum? I am a lover and a writer of both fantasy and science fiction (as well as a little post-apoc), so I was wondering if questions or stories regarding the latter wouldn't be allowed. If not, is there another website that you would recommend alongside this one?

Thanks for reading. I hope to garner a lot of great advice from the experienced writers here, and maybe even dish out some of my own if the chance arises.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Welcome, Sigil. I hope you enjoy it here. I don't know if there is an official policy on SF-related questions, but I read both as well and I'm happy to discuss either one.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Sigil. I guess looking at corn all day long gives you motivation to conquer the world. I should move to Northern Indiana.

Sigil

Acolyte
Hello Sigil. I guess looking at corn all day long gives you motivation to conquer the world. I should move to Northern Indiana.

As the state that is considered the most boring in the country, you just want to burn all the corn... just to prove you can have a little fun.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hi Sigil,

While our primary focus is fantasy, science fiction is also welcome here. Most of us write both, and there's a lot of overlap in the genres.

Sigil

Acolyte
Hi Sigil,

While our primary focus is fantasy, science fiction is also welcome here. Most of us write both, and there's a lot of overlap in the genres.

Alright, great! I admit that what I write is something of a cross between the two genre, a science fantasy of sorts. So it should still be relatively focused on fantasy.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
As the state that is considered the most boring in the country, you just want to burn all the corn... just to prove you can have a little fun.

Is that how popcorn was invented? I saw your reply to Black Dragon. Are you doing something akin to Shadowrun?

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome Sigil.

You sound ambitious. In a good way! :)

As the almighty Black Dragon said, most of us read/write both SF and Fantasy. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Trekkie myself. So bring on the aliens!