• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Flat Earth

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Could you copy the text into a PM, or is it too much for the character limit?
I can (and did), but the problem is that the links to classes don't work (for you).

Here's the class list (*with subclasses) :

Amazon = powerful melee
Shield Maiden = defensive melee
Fighting Nun = defensive unarmed
Huntress = offensive ranged
Pixie = elemental magic
* Valkyrie = ice
* Fairy = earth
* Muse = wind and water (lightning)
* Wisp = fire

Samurai = offensive melee
Brawler:
* Heavyweight = powerful unarmed
* Lightweight = offensive unarmed
Preacher = defensive ranged ("Gunfighter" might be a better name for this class)
Pirate = melee and ranged (he gets offense and defense bonuses at sea, and is the best at aiming a cannon)
Mentalist = powerful magic

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
In case I wasn't clear, the classes are gender-specific. The first group is obviously the female classes. But without the mention of male/female, it might not be completely obvious that everything from samurai to mentalist is male.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
*nodnod* I getcha. Sounds cool! My potential characters are pretty varied in classes and occupations, and evenly divided between genders. Now to pick just one... argh!

Nihal

Vala
a4bklc.jpg

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'll start Flat Earth Episode 3: "Colder Than a Witch's Ice Spell" in September. Anyone interested in joining, please PM me with a character idea and/or question.

Here are some screen shots from episode 2:
map_13_rooftop_05ii_by_legendarysidekick-d7erdhz.png

map_12_smokefilledbar_04_by_legendarysidekick-d7el6qf.png

map_11_alley_01_by_legendarysidekick-d7cecew.png

map_10_garden_00ii_by_legendarysidekick-d7cbqdx.png

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Open Invitation

Though I have my own system, I was recently informed of the Fate system, which is very much in the spirit of where I want to take Flat Earth.

Before beginning episode 3, I'd like to see if this system's truly a good fit. Therefore, a play-test is happening. Whoever wants in, check out this thread then reply with a post and/or PM me.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Round 2, Test-Fight!!

We're wrapping up the Fate-based test battle now.

The magic...

map_15_roku_roku_jungle_06_by_legendarysidekick-d7wxuik.png

...the fighting...

map_15_roku_roku_jungle_08ii_by_legendarysidekick-d7xlyfs.png

... the shooting...

map_15_roku_roku_jungle_by_legendarysidekick-d7xqdrc.png

...the grappling...

map_15_roku_roku_jungle_by_legendarysidekick-d7y1v0q.png

...and all the cartoon chaos will continue even when all of the orcs who wear skulls for pants are dead.

The second phase of the test will use a one-roll-per-turn d20 system that veteran Flat Earthlings are familiar with. The HP display will also feature the cute pink hearts for health as seen on the previous page, so if the numbers in the upper-left confuse you don't sweat it. Anyone who missed the boat with test round one, but is still interested in test round two, feel free to PM me.