• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from the cold!

Eandorn

Hello all!

I've been following this forum for a couple of days now and figured I'd register, hence this introduction.
I've been a fan of fantasy for many years now, mainly the high fantasy, epic kind of literature in the mold of Tolkien, Martin, Lewis etc. though I enjoy other kinds of fantasy (as well as other genres in general).

Being from Denmark, english is not my first language, so apologies in advance for any spelling and grammar-mishaps :)

I fiddle with my own work from time to time, but that is not a project I would put in the "serious-category" and is not intended for publishing, but rather for my own enjoyment. Maybe I'll put something up here if it turns out my ambitions towards it will change in the future.

Anyway, looking forward to exchange opinions, book-recomendations etc. with you all :)

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Eandorn!

Your English is quite good. Actually, it's better than what I see from many native speakers.

The project that you are fiddling with... does it fall under the category of world building?

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
Hello and welcome. I don't consider myself 'serious', but I'm definitely putting my all into world building. Like you, it is for my own enjoyment, more than anything else.

Eandorn

Thank you all :)

Well the project is high fantasy so it involves some world-building (could one not argue that all literature draws on world-building? :) ), though at the moment I'm more into plot and character-developing and I'm hoping that some of my world will sort of build itself as the other parts grow, thereby gaining a natural feel to it - here's to hope!