• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Everyone!

Hello all!

I have been in search for a community/group to participate in that will improve my writing. I enjoyed reading very much as a child and late teen, but fell off that wagon as I began high school. About 6mo ago I picked up reading again and quickly got the itch to write something myself. As a child I loved immersive fantasy novels with romantic subplots and as an adult I found myself falling in love with the genre all over again.

One of the things I am most interested in is direct feedback on my work. I have a terrible habit of crippling perfectionism and getting outside feedback is one of the most effective way to escape the cyclic hellscape that is my creative process. :)

I hope to find people here who have similar goals and involve myself in a community that promotes mutual growth towards writing successful novels (and have a fun time doing so)!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Hello all!

I have been in search for a community/group to participate in that will improve my writing. I enjoyed reading very much as a child and late teen, but fell off that wagon as I began high school. About 6mo ago I picked up reading again and quickly got the itch to write something myself. As a child I loved immersive fantasy novels with romantic subplots and as an adult I found myself falling in love with the genre all over again.

One of the things I am most interested in is direct feedback on my work. I have a terrible habit of crippling perfectionism and getting outside feedback is one of the most effective way to escape the cyclic hellscape that is my creative process. :)

I hope to find people here who have similar goals and involve myself in a community that promotes mutual growth towards writing successful novels (and have a fun time doing so)!

Howdy JaneDoe, Welcome here.

I feel I know the face, but I cant quite put a name to it....

The need for crippling perfection gets us all. Outside feedback will just convince you its not possible ;) One thing that helps, and gives hope, is reading others, and seeing what they can accomplish. Nothing works better, IMO, to improve oneself than trying to help others improve themselves. But the dream can be yours too. Maybe we can all get there together.

Last edited: