• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello people of Fantasy Land!

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to writing itself. Hoping to write something in the Paranormal area (I hope I've joined the right site for that).

Looking for guidance with my first novel and hoping I can help others out too, even though I have limited knowledge of writing I do read a LOT. And you need the opinions of readers, right?

I live in the UK, am slightly obsessed with anything that's Gothic. I collect antiques (especially books) and have a whole zoo of animals at home. Horses, sheep, pigs, chickens, dogs, cats and a pet hedge Hodge called Justin Bieber.

`Looking forward to meeting you all
xxx

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Darkfantasy! This is definitely the right place to give and get advice and feedback on your writing. Feel free to find a chair by the fire, but make sure it's not already taken before you sit down. The cats and halflings don't like being sat on. :)

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome!

Don't forget to tip the barmaids, unless you want your next drink on your head instead of in your hand.

I'm embarrassed to say my pet dragon has a terror of cats - he doesn't half make a stir in the bingo halls though.

Thanks for the welcome

GeekDavid

Auror
I'm embarrassed to say my pet dragon has a terror of cats - he doesn't half make a stir in the bingo halls though.

Thanks for the welcome

Send the dragon out back, that's where the owner's dragon is... he serves as central heating and cookfire starter.

Alexandra

Closed Account
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to writing itself. ... and a pet hedge Hodge called Justin Bieber.
`Looking forward to meeting you all
xxx

Welcome traveller. Tell me, what do you have against hedge hogs?

I am kidding, I'm Canadian and dissing Justin Bieber is a national pastime. :wink:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Neighbour
So if we want some realism in our writing about animal husbandry and care, we can ask you a question?:p
And no hedgehog deserves to be called Justin Bieber...

SeverinR

Vala
Send the dragon out back, that's where the owner's dragon is... he serves as central heating and cookfire starter.

I thought the complaint department was out back? ...Oh, the dragon is the complaint department.

Welcome. Try the stew, if you are brave. Haven't heard whats in it today.

SeverinR

Vala
Now I understand why the waitress gave that barbarian a bottle of ketchup, before he went to complain about the stew.

Atlaxa

Scribe
Welcome

Hello :) I'm new as well.

I hope you'll have fun here, but I must point out that no living creature deserves to be called... I can't even type it. You-know-who.

Byeeeeee

Hey thanks for all the welcomes. Who suggested that soup! It turned me green and I breathed fire for FOUR DAYS!!! I burnt the neighbours cat, it now looks like Mr evil's baldy kitty.