• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi Everyone!

Yakashyn

My name is David Nora, I got one short story published in 2005 entitled “The legend of Kaveldeth” in the Dragons Composed Anthology. I then set out to write a trilogy beginning with “”Chaos in Kaveldeth” which a small press was willing to publish but I wanted to perfect the story and eventually gave up feeling the story only got worse instead of better.

Fast forward to today, and as a type 1 diabetic of more than 40 years, the diabetic neuropathy is limiting how many hours I can work, so I’m going back to that novel with fresh ideas and a new title “Portals of Destiny”. The rust is apparent lol, I took a 7 year break from writing, but the ideas are popping so here goes another attempt…#rusty

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Yakashyn [aka David]
Good to have you here.
The rust will soon flake off once you get things moving!
Leap on in and enjoy...

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I took a break longer than seven years, and I am back at it. Probably some rust was flaked off when I started.

Welcome to the site, Yakashyn.

Yakashyn

I took a break longer than seven years, and I am back at it. Probably some rust was flaked off when I started.

Welcome to the site, Yakashyn.
Thank you! I initially thought I would try the opposite approach as last time, but after 5 paragraphs was like no need to flesh this out more first lol. Today will try to complete first chapter….

pmmg

Myth Weaver
If you got an idea, and the idea is worthy, and makes you want to sit an a chair and get it written (or better, makes you want to give up sleep to write it), then dont get stopped. Give yourself permission to write it ugly.

See the siggy, words on page, beats thinking about words on page.