• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hollow World: pre-order by April 4 and receive the book 6 - 7 months early

I've been talking quite a bit lately about the virtues of becoming a Hybrid Author and how I think it offers the best of both worlds. I'm doing exactly that by releasing my new novel Hollow World as a self-published title.

[video=youtube_share;ssy1uCGpoSw]http://youtu.be/ssy1uCGpoSw[/video]

THE FUTURE IS COMING...FOR SOME, SOONER THAN OTHERS.
A Detroit factory worker who has always played it safe and done the right thing is rewarded with unemployment, a loveless marriage, and a terminal illness. Now with nothing to lose, he’s willing to take an insane gamble. He’s spent months building a time machine, and if it works, he could find a place that challenges what it means to be human, what it takes to love, and the cost of paradise. If only he can survive…Hollow World.

Because of a non-compete clause in my contract for The Riyria Chronicles, I can't publish anything between April 6, 2013 and January 20, 2014. So I'm doing something kind of different. I'm doing a kickstarter and anyone who pre-orders through it will get the book in June/July after the book is edited, which will be 6 - 7 months before the January 20, 2014 official release.

I'm offering ebooks, trade paperback, and two different versions of limited edition hardcovers. Also everyone who buys a print book will get DRM-free ebooks both during the kickstarter, and even after the book goes live.

Because this is a Kickstarter, not only do you get the book, but also some bonus stuff including:

• A poster of the artwork created for the cover from famed artist Marc Simonetti
  • Signed bookmarks for you and two of your friends
  • A bonus short story
  • Drawings to have yourself added to a future novel, or to have a short story written based on input from you.

To learn more or to pre-order, check out this link.

Poster:
c3d95528880cc66b0839142218739d76_large.jpg

Bookmarks:
e845db3630db72daa3c0ba0da0faedf6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulineMRoss

Inkling
Michael - congratulations! Hollow World's Kickstarter campaign made more than ten times its goal, which is totally awesome. I hope there's enough in the kitty now for a well-deserved glass or three of champagne.