• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Location hunting.

JCFarnham

Auror
Just realised that I may not have mentioned this: I'm British myself.

I partly decided on Edinbrugh for the main location, because not only is it fairly well surrounded by wilderness, but because I've been there two or three times now. Now If you've ever been to Edinburgh you'll understand my attraction to it, it's a trully facinating place! Plenty of possibilities for urban fantasists (I believe it was even nominated for, or won most steampunk city in the UK. what ever that means haha)

Thanks for pointing out Cannock Chase for me! I'll definitely use something like that somewhere in Faebound, or in some shorts I'm planning on writing in the setting :) Good call!

EDIT: I'll especially use Cannock Chase because of all the Black Dog sightings and stuff related to it in popular culture. nice.

Last edited:

Empathy

Dreamer
No problem. I am a fan of folk lore and fantasy. So it may interest you about the blank panther on the chase and the history behind Castle Ring, a set of ruins that lay about a mile east to an old burnt out house. As well as 25 miles away the oldest estate in England, Shugbrough Hall.
I hope this helps that if you want any more information your free to contact me.

~Empathy