• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mounts for an Angellic species

ShadeZ

Maester
Trying to come up with what mounts would be used by a powerful and ancient angel like species (wings, light/healing abilities etc). I have thus far considered huge white/gold lions, griffins, pegasus

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Chariots come to mind.

Feathered serpents--no pesky other limbs to get in the way.

Ki Rins.

Something I would have to make up, the moved like streams of light.

Foxkeyes

Minstrel
If this 'being' inhabits a secondary fantasy world, maybe base the mount on something unique to that world. If you have a magic system, can some element of that magic system be tweaked to give your angel a suitable mount?

Azul-din

Troubadour
It's similar to what is usually done with Wagner's 'The Ring' cycle. Buxom broads on flying horses. Originally the Valkyries, the 'choosers of the slain' in Norse mythology, were winged. Michael Scott Rohan in 'The Anvil of Ice' trilogy took it a step further and made them shapeshifters, able to transform at will into great swans. Not to meddle with your story line, but are the mounts a necessary part of your world view?

ShadeZ

Maester
It's similar to what is usually done with Wagner's 'The Ring' cycle. Buxom broads on flying horses. Originally the Valkyries, the 'choosers of the slain' in Norse mythology, were winged. Michael Scott Rohan in 'The Anvil of Ice' trilogy took it a step further and made them shapeshifters, able to transform at will into great swans. Not to meddle with your story line, but are the mounts a necessary part of your world view?
It is more for show than the species needing them. The mounts theoretically would be sentient and on par with a drake as the main mount of the humans are drakes. I considered that this race ride some of the last few true dragons as the drakes the humans use devolved from the dragons.