• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2023 Wordcounts

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Someone was nostalgic for last year it seems. We're approaching 2024 ;) As for how ready? Ready enough I reckon.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
85 words for after midnight, which is okay considering how thrown I got about my fun surprise surgery recommendation. Today will be better. :D

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
My sleep schedule is messed up especially since my semi-retirement. Woke up around three am, sat down at the computer, and started tapping away. Currently about 1500 words into Chapter One. Now I'm tired again. As each chapter is a separate file, I figure I'll post the word count total that way - still got a thousand words or so of Chapter One, but I reached the point to where I'm making blatantly obvious mistakes through sheer weariness...

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
My sleep schedule is messed up especially since my semi-retirement. Woke up around three am, sat down at the computer, and started tapping away. Currently about 1500 words into Chapter One. Now I'm tired again. As each chapter is a separate file, I figure I'll post the word count total that way - still got a thousand words or so of Chapter One, but I reached the point to where I'm making blatantly obvious mistakes through sheer weariness...
Naps and snacks are crucial parts of my process. I recommend catching at least a little bit of a snooze and then have some coffee and a good snack. Brain fog clears and you'll be ready to completely outpace me, again. :D

I also draft all chapters in their separate files on the idea that if a file corrupts, that's one chapter. If we were dealing with the full book the whole time we're drafting and something happens, it would be ugly.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
With me, it is more of a 'one chapter, one POV' thing.

Well, it be back to bed for me. Maybe I'll finish the first chapter when I wake up in a while...

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
You ever get around to looking over that story I sent you? (I might have gone overboard with the rabbits)
I want to, especially because of the rabbits, but my partners are concerned about it and I understand where they're coming from. But! keep a tab in that. We've got something in development, probably late next year or 2025, that I've got you in particular in mind for. Just be patient. Life's finally started getting back to normal. :)

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
3500+ words into chapter one and at least 500 to go. Which means I'll probably be posting the word count in the early am, given my mucked-up sleep schedule.