• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Rhidauna & Shardfall FREE in Smashwords Read An E-Book Week!

Graylorne

Archmage
4460784.jpg

Both my Rhidauna (The Shadow of the Revenaunt #1) and Shardfall (The Shardheld Saga #1) are FREE to download at Smashwords

The action starts on March 2 at 00.01 hours PST.

TWErvin2

Auror
I already have Shardfall in print (it's place in my TBR pile is nearing the top), but will pick up a copy in ebook. After I read and do the review for Amazon, I can do a similar one over at Smashwords.

Thanks for letting us know.

Graylorne

Archmage
Thank you, Terry, that would be great!

This is the first time I used this yearly Smashwords event and I'm very curious to know what it will do.

Graylorne

Archmage
Well, the action is over. Results: given away free Shardfall (7 x) and free Rhidauna (14 x). That's 21 free books in one week. Now I've no idea how to judge this. It doesn't sound much, but then, every little bit helps.

I do know there were a great many participants and many books looked like the... ah, less professional category. (This is an unsubstantiated conclusion based on looks alone :)).

TWErvin2

Auror
Finally got the chance to read Shardfall. A good quick read. Posted a review on Amazon today. Solid 4 Stars.

If you enjoy adventure with a good mix of magic and myth, this one should work for you.

Note: I put it on my classroom's bookshelf, but since it's the end of the year, very few students are picking up anything to read...maybe next year.

Graylorne

Archmage
Thanks, Terry! I really appreciate your taking the time and the trouble to read and review the book. I'm glad you liked it and that the Nordic feel came over as I hoped it would.

TWErvin2

Auror
Thanks, Terry! I really appreciate your taking the time and the trouble to read and review the book. I'm glad you liked it and that the Nordic feel came over as I hoped it would.

Graylorne,

It wasn't any 'trouble' reading it. Just took a while as my TBR stack is pretty large. And yes, sometimes writers try for the Nordic feel, but it seems somewhat artificial. Yours didn't. :)