• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Fyri

Inkling
Thanks, Sheila! I'm diving into it right now! Congrats to you too! Can't wait to read your work. I love that feeling of getting close to the end of a long project.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Today, May 12 of 2013 I have finished writing Queen Eternal and, with it, I finish my Joan of England trilogy after more than five long and difficult years working on it.

This feels so good because finally I am standing at the summit of the mountain, with nothing else to write, nothing else to climb... I was crying a lot when I finished it and this is a great victory for me, but at the same time, I say good bye to writing all the adventures of Joan and her friends.

I am sure that the nostalgia will come and hit me later, but for now, this is a description of what I just finished today:

1- Joan of England- Travel to Castile : 207 pages and 74077 words.
2- Joan of England 2- Warlyak Castle : 174 pages and 60630 words.

3- Joan of England 3- Queen Eternal : 219 pages and 82620 words.

I started writing Queen Eternal in December of 2010, and it has been by far the most complex and difficult to write novel of my Joan of England trilogy.

Now, I will re-read Queen Eternal and then read my entire story finished... Yay, this feels so great!! =)

Last edited:

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Allen: Thank you a lot for congratulating me, you made me smile =)

I have started to re-read Queen Eternal before reading the entire Joan of England trilogy, and when I finish, I will definitely open a very nice wine and celebrate all night!!

To read your own finished work is a great reward and a wonderful feeling...

Weaver

Sage
It's a small thing, maybe, but... This evening, I wrote something totally new. Not totally new as in unrelated to my other stories (which is never gonna happen), but new as in about a character whom I've never written about before or even mentioned in a story.

This has not happened in a long time. And I'm happy with what I've written.

Jabrosky

Banned
I've just come home from a 75-minute walk that, according to my calculations, burned over 500 calories. The time has come for me to start losing weight again.

Fyri

Inkling
I have successfully moved into my first dorm room and am beginning to figure out how to live alone... Totaly scared right now but the thought of many fantasy heros that left on an adventure far more stressful than this really helps.

teacup

Auror
I wrote about 40k in a little over a month, not too long ago.
Now I've got much less time to write though, thanks to college. I plan to catch up again on the weekend :)

GeekDavid

Auror
I wrote about 40k in a little over a month, not too long ago.
Now I've got much less time to write though, thanks to college. I plan to catch up again on the weekend :)

I plan on relaxing on the weekend... tomorrow I add two more sections and then I'm gonna declare the second draft finished and toss it to my volunteer editor to see what he thinks of it.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Today I went to buy a new pair of jeans.

For the first time, in very many years, it was harder to find ones with long enough legs, than with wide enough waist.

Got another 1,100 words added to my WIP this evening. It seemed to go a lot faster since i switched back to my MC's POV. Guess i like writing her better.

Finished editing a very difficult and choppy portion of my novel! It was starting to get me down a little bit but now that section is completed (for now). Now to tackle the next part!