• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shout Outs and Banter

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'm reading up on the Fate system, actually. It's similar to the idea I had with its +/-/blank die rolls.

But the skill list is cool. If Ireth's up for it, we can play test with the Fate system rather than the d20 thing I made up, or keep the d20 so I can adjust which rolls are +/0/blank (as I'm doing now) but also use the other aspects of Fate (such as Aspects). Fate's system is in the spirit of what I'm doing anyway. Yeah… this is quite helpful!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
. . . y'know, I might regret this, but is there room for one more? How often would I need to post an update?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Room: Yes.

Updates: Three times a week is what I'm aiming at.

I'm a Fate newbie, so if I go with the Fate system, I might muck it up. But I am intrigued by what I'm reading (free PDF of Fate Core System). Would you like to join Ireth and I on the play test?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Yes.

Three times a week is what I'm aiming at.

I'm a Fate newbie, so if I go with the Fate system, I might muck it up. But I am intrigued by what I'm reading (free PDF of Fate Core System). Would you like to join Ireth and I on the play test?

Sure.

I'm not that familiar with the rules myself, but a playtest sounds like a good way to figure out if it's something I can keep up with. I'm in.

I'm sorry if I should have done all this by PM.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
PS- Fate/FUDGE is supported by Rolz. For Fate, "4u1+MOD" is the roll! Chances are 1/81 you'll roll min or max, but it's all good since the point is that you don't necessarily need to roll "Legendary" to "Succeed with Style." (Is it wrong that "Legendary" being the +8 adjective kept me reading when I meant to give the PDF a quick skim?)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
So, shout out to Devor for getting me to look at the Fate system.

I may just take aspects from the game, or use sort of a Fate-Lite. I like the system as a whole, but it's a lot to explain to players who are used to rolling a d20 and being told the results.

That said, I think the skills & stunts system is great. Categorizing actions as overcome/advantage/attack/defense makes sense. Most importantly, more skills are RP-based while combat skills can be lumped into one category. (You can have "fight" as your only a "good" or "great" skill, and you don't need "shoot.")

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
So, shout out to Devor for getting me to look at the Fate system.

:smug:

It's just another thing to tinker with. I liked the Aspect system a lot myself. It opens up character creation in a way I hadn't considered possible before I saw it, and it's seeds the game with roleplaying fodder before you even get started. But if there's a sliding scale, it's the opposite end of D&D. The light mechanics don't seem to leave much room for strategy in playing the characters. There's always a trade off.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I think it's amazing that the Word Association Game can often be so amusing.

I think I should say something about my group. It a doctor who fan thing so if you like dr who you should join. It's on my profile or you could look it up. the group is called 'Whovians' :)

savetheuniverse.png

drwho11.gif