• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Transformers Idea

I have a little brother and he loves Transformers to death. And hey, I do too (The old generations, screw Michael Bay) He likes coming up with ideas for Transformers and he asked me to make one. Now, I actually tried to put a lot of thought into him and give him a really cool background and character so here he is.

EDIT: Yes I realize he is a little OP. That was the point. You should see what my brother came up with, my goodness! XD

ARSENAL
Allegiance - Autobots
Vehicle - Striker Military Vehicle (Stryker NBCRV Walk Around Page 1)
Color - Dark green and red faceplate
(Autobot icon is on his right breast in robot form and on the left side of his body in vehicle mode)

"Peace is only achieved through superior firepower."

Arsenal is renown for his affinity of weaponry. He has a factory where he designs weapons for the Autobot force. He reveres Iron Hide and the two have a strong brotherhood-like bond. Arsenal trains with all types of weapons, hoping to become an expert in all forms of warfare.

During a great battle the Autobots launched on a Decepticon base, Arsenal fought against the relentless hordes of the enemy. It was not until he met his match against the infamous Soundwave, where he was defeated and was blasted off the edge of the base. It was not until days later that he was found by an Autobot rescue-ship at the bottom of a crater. His body was badly broken and many of his parts where detached from himself. His spark was barely alive.

He spent a very long time recovering. He became strong enough to become mobile again but not enough to continue fighting. He requested that he would return to his factory where he could continue his work while allowing his parts to repair and his energon levels to fully stabilize . While he was working, Arsenal began modifying his own body, trying to to reattach his broken parts. Unable to fully repair himself, he presented himself a new task. He took his broken parts and sycnronized them with his weapon systems, merging them together into individual machines. He gave away a part of his spark to each machine and they became alive.

These machines ("Weapon-Companions") have their own personalities though are usually very energetic unlike their master who is calm and reserved. They are very small compared to Arsenal, who is bulky and very large, though somewhat short. They only obey Arsenal and are apart of him. When Arsenal is in his robotic form, his companions attach themselves to body, forming machine guns and rockets and other types of weaponry. Since his weapons are actual sentient machines, they can shift about his body, moving weapons and ammunition to where ever it would be needed. They operate basically the same way while in his Striker-vehicle form. Unlike Bruticus or Devastator, Arsenal does not need his comrades be fully operational. He can have some attached to him while others roam free, or have none on him at all. With the aid of his companions, Arsenal truly is a master of weaponry.

---Weapon Companions---

Ricochet - A very rambunctious machine, he has two long machine guns for arms. When he transforms and attaches to Arsenal, he combines both of his arms together to form one larger and much more powerful gun. When Arsenal is in vehicle form he turns into a turret.

"Ahahahahaha! Fire! Fire! Fire!"

Scope - A very nimble companion, his head is a large red laser scope. On his left shoulder (also connected to his head) is a very long riffle barrel. He has incredible accuracy despite being so jittery. Since his body is so frail and thin, whenever he fires a shot he finds himself being thrown backwards to the ground from recoil. Because of this, he usually prefers to stay connected to Arsenal in robot form.

"Come on, give me something to hit! Preferably something small and very far away!"

Bombard - The largest of all the companions, his arms are large mounts holding rockets. He loves to see things explode and has a very obnoxious attitude but always obeys Arsenal's commands without question. He likes to stay near Arsenal's shoulders in his robot form and will also form a turret similar to Ricochet when Arsenal is in his vehicle form.

"Boom! Woah, did you see that explosion? I bet I can make a bigger one!"

Signal - The only companion who's primary function is not combat related. Signal acts as a radio transmitter and sends commands to the other companions. This allows Arsenal to speak to his companions non-verbally and with faster reaction speed. Signal can send out bursts of static frequencies to disrupt enemy communication. He is the most calm of the companions.

"All this chatter is giving me a headache..."

Blast away - A very cocky and rude companion, he does not have any arms like his comrades. Instead, his head is a huge barrel that shoots devastating short-range blasts. He likes to connect to Arsenal's arms but does not find himself of much use when his master is in vehicle mode.

"Get a little closer, I dare you!"

Arsenal's arch nemesis is Soundwave, who nearly destroyed him. He also has a bitter rivalry with Upload (A Decepticon I created who is good at hacking and at one point controlled all of Arsenal's companions and they turned on him. It wasn't until Signal was able to break free and broadcasted a disrupting frequency that broke Upload's virus)

So yeah, that's my character. I really like how his name goes together well with his...friends. Hope you like him and whether you like Transformers or not, let me know what you think! :D

Last edited:

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
I'm an old Transformers fan too. I actually got back to collecting some of the toys a while back. A little FYI, for the weapons companions, you can tap into an old name Target Masters. Target Masters were little men/robots that turned into weapons for the larger robots. Targetmaster - Transformers Wiki

As for the character design, pretty cool. Although one minor nit-pick from a total Transformers Geeeeeeek. Soundwave's nemisis is traditionally Blaster because Blaster shot out cassette allies like Soundwave did in the original cartoon, and that tradition has carried over into the modern mythos. But really, who cares. Everybody needs at least two Nemesis' in case one breaks. :p

Ah, Transformers. I became a fan of giant transforming robots at a young and impressionable age and never recovered.

You've got a nice spread of personalities with the sub-units, which is definitely a good idea and the way to go about it.

I quite like the idea of Arsenal travelling along in vehicle form, perhaps on his way to some fight, and his weapons are all bickering with each while he drives.

I'm an old Transformers fan too. I actually got back to collecting some of the toys a while back. A little FYI, for the weapons companions, you can tap into an old name Target Masters. Target Masters were little men/robots that turned into weapons for the larger robots. Targetmaster - Transformers Wiki

As for the character design, pretty cool. Although one minor nit-pick from a total Transformers Geeeeeeek. Soundwave's nemisis is traditionally Blaster because Blaster shot out cassette allies like Soundwave did in the original cartoon, and that tradition has carried over into the modern mythos. But really, who cares. Everybody needs at least two Nemesis' in case one breaks. :p

Oh wow I can't believe I forgot about Blaster. Good call on that! But yeah it would still work out fine, its not like Megatron's only nemesis is Optimus Prime.