• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Would you rather...

Reilith

Sage
Enterprise - it seems to have less problems and a larger crew ;) (although stating I do prefer SW to ST)
Would you rather turn vegan or eat only meat for the rest of your life?

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Tapatalk

C

Chessie

Only eat meat (although I would miss vegetables). I've already been a vegan and got super sick all the time. Meat. I love meat.

Would you rather train to run a marathon or climb Mt. Everest?

Reaver

Staff
Marathon. As awesome as it would be to stand at the top of the world, too many people have died up there. According to some experts, at least 200. Just recently they discovered the bodies of two climbers that went missing 16 years ago.

Would you rather live on Middle Earth post Return of the King or Arrakis post ascension of Paul Atreides?

Reilith

Sage
Arrakis, but only if I can be of the Fremen :)
Would you rather watch one viral video 24h over and over again, or walk naked in the local park for 20 minutes?

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Assuming I wouldn't be arrested for various crimes, local park nude. Since I'd do so at night.

Would rather be a sith apprentice or a human in the armies of mordor?

Reaver

Staff
Sith apprentice. I hear that orcs and Uruk hai eat humans, so... No thanks.

Would you rather run a marathon in the Sahara desert or the Gobi desert?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
The Gobi desert. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon made it look like a fun place, and it might be a degree cooler than the Sahara.

Would you rather spend an entire month attending back-to-back eight-hour lectures, each conducted by one of "the 100 most influential minds in the world"...

...or spend one full hour continuously tumbling down an up-escalator?

Reaver

Staff
I'd take the escalator. At least I'd be entertained albeit a bit worse for wear.

Would you rather...

Swallow a bag of marbles and be punched repeatedly in the stomach by a muscular dwarf or eat a hundred marshmallow peeps and have an aye aye continuously jam his middle finger down your throat?

aye_aye.jpg

Last edited:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Marshmallow peeps + E.T. At least then I could throw up all over him in revenge.

Would you rather get into a drinking contest with a dwarf or an archery contest with an elf?

Reaver

Staff
Marshmallow peeps + E.T. At least then I could throw up all over him in revenge.

Would you rather get into a drinking contest with a dwarf or an archery contest with an elf?

Sorry that I edited it while you were replying. I'll let someone else answer your question since I just posted.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I drink better than I shoot. It'll be a humiliating defeat either way, so as long as I can concede and just drink socially, I might enjoy my time with the dwarves after they're done calling me a wuss in varying long-winded, colorful iterations.

Would you rather have undead Samuel Clemens over for dinner, or dead Samuel Clemens just sitting there at your table face down in a plate of ravioli attracting flies while you're expected to eat? (He wears his trademark white suit either way.)

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Undead Twain over for Dinner of course. He'd be great company first of all and the alternative is horrible. Why on earth would I want a dead man attracting flies anywhere near me?

Would you rather...

Write masterpiece after masterpiece, but being unable to enjoy other people's books. Or being unable to write anything even remotely creative, but still being able to enjoy good literature.

Undead Twain over for Dinner of course. He'd be great company first of all and the alternative is horrible. Why on earth would I want a dead man attracting flies anywhere near me?

Would you rather...

Write masterpiece after masterpiece, but being unable to enjoy other people's books. Or being unable to write anything even remotely creative, but still being able to enjoy good literature.

Masterpiece after masterpiece.
Would you rather be Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne?

Reaver

Staff
Bruce Wayne. Tony Stark is a blatant rip off of Bruce Wayne. Just like Deadpool is a rip off of Deathstroke.

By the way, Deadpool isn't the first comic book character to break the fourth wall. She-Hulk was doing it way before him.

But I digress...

Would you rather...

Live in the Star Wars universe or Star Trek universe?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Star Trek universe seems more survivable, except that you have people breaking the fourth dimension and wiping multiple generations out of existence. So I'll take my chance in Star Wars. While I'm there, can I send Jar Jar to Star Trek so he gets wiped out of existence?

Would you rather travel through space on the Satellite of Love or Eagle 5?

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Satellite of Love all the way. It would be a blast hanging out with Tom Servo and Crow.

Would you rather...

Be stranded on Themyscira with the Amazons or Gilligan's Island?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Themyscira. I'm a woman, so I'd be in no danger from them, and they'd teach me to be badass. :D

WYR be forced to eat nothing but your favorite food until you got sick of it, or not be able to eat your favorite food at all?

C

Chessie

I rather be forced to eat my favorite food in all the world vs not being able to eat it at all. -_-

Would you rather get lost at sea or in a desert?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Desert every time... I like sand.
So...
WYR walk backwards with your eyes open or forwards with your eyes shut?
[turning of the head is not permitted]

Desert every time... I like sand.
So...
WYR walk backwards with your eyes open or forwards with your eyes shut?
[turning of the head is not permitted]

Forward, eyes shut. I got a blind buddy that can teach me to use a cane.

WYR have the ability to speed up time in a bubble about ten feet across or so or be able to push off metals and act like Spider-Man but without the webs. (And until such time as I can think of a more real to life WYR I will forever use fantasy related WYR just because I find those more fun for me.)