Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. I was of a similar opinion when I first started reading second person, but it quickly became a favorite of mine. For lack of a better term, it is a very comfortable middle ground between first and third. You are also to focus on the internal workings of your...
For me it is hard to say that I can outright give up on a book. I like to see that if the things I have issues with are corrected by the end. If they are fixed, that's great and it was just a rocky start, if they aren't I have the proof that it didn't work for me. It is also a great way to learn...
I think if you make it clear from the character's perspective, such as a few maybe internal reminders to themselves of their new names, that should make it click easier in reader's heads. You could even make the title chapters more clear about it if you want, like SEVEN: MIELLI (LIORA). I do...
Sure! Here is a small sample.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two dark figures that look to reach only half your height, move slowly up the hallway. Their limbs don’t appear to have hands or feet, and heads resemble that of a jagged...
Thank you. All three books have gone through editing done by me. As for feedback I am currently looking to see how the overall reader experience is. Things like engagement and pacing, character clarity and bonds, readability for the perspective, and overall satisfaction. Since the series is so...
Yup! That's the first book. The second and third books have a few chapters and scenes where Friede is not currently present, so those are in third person.
It really depends on the pace, content, and following content of the scenes in the chapter. There is really is no hard rule, especially in the e-reader age where the concept of pages is even not concrete. I personally like to look at the final few sentences of what could be a chapter break, and...
Hello!
I am a writer who has currently finished the first three books in my own fantasy series, and am taking the exciting journey of self publishing. I am currently trying to find other potential beta readers who might be interested in giving my first book a read, and giving me any and all...