• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Bits and Peices of my Art

Jabrosky

Banned
Generally nice, but I think the highlighted areas on your characters' hair are a bit too big for my taste.

Tribal

Acolyte
I think they are both really great! :) Keep drawing! I wouldn't be afraid trying to vary your lines abit more! For example, Batos' eyes could benefit from having a more heavy lines above and slightly lighter lines below, slightly emphasizing his the eyelashes. It generally makes the face feel more alive! :) I'm particularly a fan of Keitsumah! For her, I'd try and make her hair seem more natural. I think the overall flow and shading of it is beautiful, but I think it'd look better if you try and imagine it as composed of numerous overlapping strands. Look here for instance: Crimson warrior sketch by *el-grimlock on deviantART the shape is rather simple, but it seems natural because you can see that it is not a connected mass of hair, it's a flowing shape. A more complex example: Wallscoll: Zelda by `dapper-owl on deviantART here you can see how the artist has drawn in alot of strands and made them flow, yet kept their independence.

Look forward to seeing more from you! :)

Keitsumah

Inkling
Ahh (had to look up what it meant i have never heard of that before) actually no that is Tohishaa, her teacher; though she is inspired by nine-tailed foxes. I just ended up going for something a little different -a four tailed fox.

Fun fact: spirits in my fantasy world are divided into two sectors, light and dark, which should be pretty easy to follow. Tohishaa is the ghost of one of the previous Starshades, which Keitsumah is now (think of Avatar: the last airbender)

I get a LOT of inspiration from movies and books i read.

Jabrosky

Banned
Ahh (had to look up what it meant i have never heard of that before) actually no that is Tohishaa, her teacher; though she is inspired by nine-tailed foxes. I just ended up going for something a little different -a four tailed fox.

Fun fact: spirits in my fantasy world are divided into two sectors, light and dark, which should be pretty easy to follow. Tohishaa is the ghost of one of the previous Starshades, which Keitsumah is now (think of Avatar: the last airbender)

I get a LOT of inspiration from movies and books i read.
Sounds like a great source of inspiration! Usually I get my ideas from other people's art or things I read on the Internet, though movies and books do inspire me sometimes too.

Keitsumah

Inkling
Not done with this yet but since i got most of the scene's point across in this sketch I'd thought I'd put it up. I'll also be posting this again once it is done.

Worked my butt off on the muzzle and I'm thinking of re-doing the paws and Keit's feet.

I-Will-Not-Bow-Day-2-377090866

I Will Not Bow (Day 2) by ~Keitsumah on deviantART
((This is in case the image does not load))