• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings

SM-Dreamer

Troubadour
Hello.

Um. A friend from another forum guided me here after I completed NaNo (first time! I'm so proud!). So here I am, to probably lurk as I do everywhere else, haha. I am glad to be here, I've browsed some of the forum and liked what I've come across so far.

So, yeah. Introductions, yes?

I've been writing for 13 years or so, since I was 12 and writing short stories for class. I've almost always written fantasy or sci-fi - I grew up with Star-Wars from my dad and fairies from my mom, though I gravitated to dragons, anime, and mythology on my own as I grew older. I've had one particular story that I've wanted to write for 10 years now, with a character who I've RPed and grown with since that time. The world she inhabits is one that has also grown over time, as I've explored history and mythology, video games, books, anime, and TV.

I think this year, however, is the first year that I've made a serious attempt to write the story (which at this point would be a series if I ever got it all down) cohesively, and NaNo definitely helped me get the first arc of the first book down, and introducing the second. I do feel a little... worn out at present though, and aside from some vignette's, haven't written much since November.

Anyways, it's great to meet you all, I look forward to getting to know you and exploring further this community.

SM

GeekDavid

Auror
Aww, don't lurk, pull up a chair and join in a discussion somewhere!

Just, please, check the chair for cats or halflings before sitting down. Neither one really appreciates being sat on.

Lumani

Minstrel
Welcome!! :D I am a newbie here as well, but everyone is super friendly and supportive! ^_^ Don't hide! Hope to see you around!

Ginger Bee

Scribe
Hi, SM-Dreamer. I am more of a lurker than a prolific poster (that follows, since in real life, I listen more than talk), but I've find the boards quite thought-provoking, and there's a lot of generous wisdom here.

Welcome!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello SM-Dreamer
Hope you enjoy Mythic Scribes as much as I.
This is a great place to learn and to share.
Leap on in when you have half a mind or a tale to tell.