• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random Sparks of Inspiration

I commonly find myself struggling with some sort of obstacle when it comes to my plot devlopment. I will think and think and think of what to do, how to fix it, etc. but I can Never just quite nail it. Then later on in the day, I will have a random spark of inspiration. Sometimes I will watch an entire movie and just from one quote that a character said or maybe something as insignifigant as an appearance, I will formulate an idea that will fundamentally help/change my plot.

All day today I spent trying to get around this big and ugly plot hole (see what I did there?) but couldn't get it. No matter what idea I tried to make, it was either not plausible or it was just crap and quite frankly, I think we all can relate there. But then, while washing the dishes, the idea hit me. And it was a great idea I have to say too, one that not only allowed me to overcome my barriers but even to add more depth to my plot as well. I don't know why but it seems when I am doing the most random, seemingly insignifigant tasks, that is when my inspiration kicks in, with absolutley nothing that would have promoted me to think it! Can anyone relate to this or am I going crazy? If I am, at least I'm benefiting from it!

Taytortots

Minstrel
Are you going crazy? Potentially, but not from this.
It happens to me all the time, in fact, it happened just yesturday and somehow an insignifigant character became essential to the plot. How it happens, I don't know.
I usually get it from movies, T.V. or even talking to people. Even something seemingly meaningless to the content can spark something. Strange.

Are you going crazy? Potentially, but not from this.
It happens to me all the time, in fact, it happened just yesturday and somehow an insignifigant character became essential to the plot. How it happens, I don't know.
I usually get it from movies, T.V. or even talking to people. Even something seemingly meaningless to the content can spark something. Strange.

Yeah usually it hits me when I see something on TV or especially when i read because that forces your imaginiation to work. But sometimes it comes at random as if that piece of pizzza I ate had a magical enchanted cheese that stimulates the brain. Yeah, that's what it is isn't it?