• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

4. Lloyd Alexander Discussion

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Number 4 on the Top 100 Fantasy Writers list is Lloyd Alexander. I must admit, I'm not familiar with his work, but I guess he was more focused in YA and children's lit. His Chronicles of Prydain seems to be one of the more popular series he created. I'm interested to know more about him if anyone's got any insight.

Thoughts?

Prydain+Set.jpg

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I read his work when I was a kid and liked it a lot. I haven't looked at it since that time, however, so I can't say how it would hold up through the eyes of an adult.

Finished The Chronicles of Prydain a few mounths ago and thought it was great! Prydain is a great world. Classic, yet with it's own unique feel. The characters are great to, with Taran (MC) maturing well over the five books. Eilonwy and Gwydion are also great. My favorite of the five was probably number three. The Castle of liyr It was humorous, yet had a few dark moments as well, and brought back a villain from the first book that i had forgotten about. Overall a great series. If you have not read it, you should do so.