• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

All About Email Lists

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
The thing to remember about Likes is that they are not worthless, but they are worth less than subscribers, especially given the organic reach of FB posts.

However, advertising to your fans is cheaper than advertising to your non-fans (from what I've read), so one reason to advertise for fans is to have the ability to advertise your opt-in page to these fans. Also, some of your fans could still sign up without having to see the paid ad.

More fans also gives you social proof and could help you fan page grow organically.

Just personally, I haven't seen a high correlation between FB engagement and sales.

That being said, my sample size is way too ridiculously small to be used for any real data.

I've chosen to minimize social media as a marketing tool. I do maintain a FB presence (no Twitter or Instagram or anything else), but it's not a big priority for me.

C

Chessie

I just hate learning new things :)
Tell me about it. I spent two hours trying to figure out how to format my manuscript for upload on Amazon, even though I already had it formatted the right way in another program. Feel you there buddy.

Back to FB real quick, I'm thinking of only advertising the books when they come out. They're short, so it'll be possible to bundle them. Maybe that's something you could give a shot? Idk if that's your style at all, but there's plenty you could do with it. Maybe make the novella free or reduced in price for a limited time with a sign up to the e-mail list or whatever. The beauty in all of this is that you have unlimited options and eventually, the right formula for your books will pop up.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
Back to FB real quick, I'm thinking of only advertising the books when they come out.

I could be completely wrong on this because I just have impressions from reading posts, but I think that most people say that FB ads are bad for selling books. They are, however, fantastic for saying, "Here's this free book if you sign up for my mailing list!"

My plan is to run an ad in December using a free short story to drive email list sign ups. I will, of course, let y'all know how that goes. Right now, though, I'm anticipating the promo I run with the free kindle people to be much more cost effective (and easier!).