• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Allons-y!

Beanie_Zed

Dreamer
Hello!

After a few weeks of heavy lurking, I've decided to give in a join the forum.

I've completed three novels to date, one of which is in the process of being revised--when it's ready (hopefully later this year), I'm planning to start querying agents and publishers. Also, I recently started a new project and am halfway through the first draft.

I hope to find like-minded folk here at MS, and from all the creeping I've been doing around here, it appears that I have. I know I'm going to support when the characters take my plots into places I don't want them to go. And, I'll definitely need third opinions on story revisions when the Editors (AKA, the hubs and the best friend, who are also writers) just don't get it (neither are fantasy readers, and I'll need people who understand why there's a dragon in chapter three).

So, um, hi! I'm Beanie!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Beanie. Welcome to the Scribes. I'm not sure if Beanie is your author name, but I vote you use it! Why wouldn't there be a dragon in chapter 3? Or chapter 4? I like my stories with heavy dollops of dragons.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Beanie_Zed
Good to have you here.
Well done on getting through the process so far.
There is a lot of help and support around here, as well as ways to procrastinate and otherwise be distracted and noodle time away...
Leap on in and enjoy the waters.
The Dragon...
It's always the poor Dragon's fault...

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Hello!

Well, we're a dragon-loving bunch around here, so it looks like you found the right place. We have a great community here with wide experiences, so hopefully you'll find the support you need when you're getting ready to query.

Beanie_Zed

Dreamer
Thanks, everyone! :)

I'm not sure if Beanie is your author name, but I vote you use it!

"Beanie" is actually a nickname. Still not sure if I'm going to use it as part of my pen name, but I'm definitely going to use a pen name.

Why wouldn't there be a dragon in chapter 3? Or chapter 4? I like my stories with heavy dollops of dragons.

Right? Right???