• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Art for Loyalty Fallen - Book 1

dollyt8

Dreamer
I've been writing Loyalty Fallen, the story of a princess and talentless mage who is accused of her husband's murder on her wedding night, for over a year. During that time, I've also had the opportunity to create some art for the characters and story. Here are all the artworks I created for book one: The Sapphire Prince, which you can read freely online.

Loyalty Fallen Book Cover by dollyt8 on DeviantArt Book cover and announcement / Kathryn
loyalty_fallen_book_cover_by_dollyt8_dh2ykfy-414w-2x.jpg

Navinor battle mage by dollyt8 on DeviantArt The Sapphire Prince
navinor_battle_mage_by_dollyt8_dh4irz3-414w-2x.jpg

Illian - Loyalty Fallen by dollyt8 on DeviantArt Prince Illian / The Opal Prince
illian___loyalty_fallen_by_dollyt8_dh84ksy-414w-2x.jpg

Ren Patrick - Loyalty Fallen OC by dollyt8 on DeviantArt Ren Patrick / The Bodyguard (Expression sheet and character profile here Ren by dollyt8 on DeviantArt)
ren_patrick___loyalty_fallen_oc_by_dollyt8_dhb8pew-pre.png

Verdant Rage - Loyalty Fallen by dollyt8 on DeviantArt Verdant Rage
verdant_rage___loyalty_fallen_by_dollyt8_dhjz1l2-375w-2x.jpg

Journey by dollyt8 on DeviantArt Fantasy Kingdom
journey_by_dollyt8_dgbvanf-414w-2x.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions about my process or characters! Also, in case you're wondering why the style is so inconsistent, it's because during the time I was working on these I was trying out a lot of different styles digitally. As I'm working on the art for book two, my style has become a lot more predictable and consistent, and I feel like I've also improved a lot. Still, I have a soft spot in my heart for a lot of these pictures and the effort they represent. Hope you enjoyed!