• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Camp NaNoWriMo July 2015

Ireth

Myth Weaver
So I decided to join up with a short story idea spawned by one of my roleplaying plots. Got my cabin and such set out at very last minute on the first. XD It's going really well so far -- day three and I already have over 1800 words down. I just need to iron out the kinks in my plot.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
So I'm confused by all this. No idea what a cabin is or what site you're talking about. I thought November was the novel writing month?

Anyway, I'm thinking of participating in November this year. Plan to complete an outline of Gryphon in October and shooting for 120,000 words for the month or finishing the rough draft, whichever comes first.

When it gets closer, can someone fill me in on the cabin and the site and what the deal is?

Thanks.

Brian

Ireth

Myth Weaver
BWFoster, Camp NaNoWriMo is a bit like "real" NaNoWriMo, only it's in April or July, and you get to set your own word count goal (minimum 10K). The site offers you a "cabin" where you can hook up with your friends and give each other encouragement and stuff as you write. It also tracks your progress as you update your wordcount every so often, and shows a graph of word count over time. If you meet or exceed your wordcount by the end of the month, you have the chance to validate your achieved wordcount against your goal, and you receive a set of banners and stuff to use in website signatures, etc.