• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Cantina Question

ALB2012

Maester
Just a quick question.
So having fun in the cantina but how long can we sit and chat about magic? Is it worth someone dropping in a monster or some such? If "we" can wander in so can a monster.

Thoughts?

ALB
The light beyond the storm

Amanita

Maester
I'm not really sure. Depends on the monster probably. ;) Something that can only be defeated by one setting's kind of magic wouldn't really work well because everyone else could only stand around helplessly. This would be a problem with mine. I have rogue elementals and Lerca creatures in my world. The latter are more like traditional monsters, three-headed snakes and the like. ;) They usually don't venture to far from their territory though.
What about letting some of our villains in? At the moment, we're all having our main characters we don't want to behave badly, if I see this correctly. For this, we should allow three characters though, I believe. I have an villainous oxygen magic user who wants to see both Lenima and Septimius dead.
Or any character who just wants to cause trouble and arguments?
If someone has suitable monsters, I don't mind either, it might be a bit of over-kill with all the magic users around, I don't know.

ALB2012

Maester
That could work, Someone sneaky or nasty. Or just have a large monster. If we simply state say Big Monster X is susecetable to XXXXX and immune to XXX.

Not all monsters are immune. A sneaky bad guy might be better though. People might notice an ogre but some person who looks normal. I have a few slavers or particular nasty Witch hunter mine can pretend they dont know about.
This might work better, If a huge great beastie appears everyone just lets rip and its dead. Some nasty assassin or something could be fun.::)

If that character is going to be deal with anyway it does'nt matter

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I have my crazy nymphomaniac vampire lord (Conall), my eternally-smug Fae prince and his complete monster of a father (Fiachra and Madoc), but that's about it, honestly. Much of my characters' villainy, especially the Fae villains, seems directly dependent on the protagonists of their respective stories, and as none of those protagonists are in the Cantina, it wouldn't be as effective to bring them in. Really, the only other villains I have are Samindoma, an OC villain from a LOTR fanfic RP, and Martin, a cleric in the Anglican church who is genocidal against lycanthropes.

...actually, that last one might not be so bad, if I could keep him from interacting solely with my lycanthrope characters to give everyone else stuff to do. Martin might not react too well to elves and other magic beings either.

ALB2012

Maester
Well they all sound lovely:)

Hmm let me see- I could bring Joset who is Dii's abusive ex owner and slaverlord. The downside is Archos would likk him on sight. I could just pretend Archos doesn't know who he is until he tries to grab Dii or one of the other girls. Oh or in fact Jason is probably fair game as well.

There are a couple of unpleasant Witch-Hunters, a slaver.
Oh or the faelord liche who appears in book 2 and feeds on negative emotions, reads your mind then uses what he finds against you whether it is true or not. Anger and hatred just make him more powerful. He does not have a name or at least they don't find out:)

Or we could just make one up- some kind of magic/magical creature hunter. May not be after anyone specific, just simply looking to purge. The priest sounds fun.

Otherwise I could bring along the rather unpleasant and power hungry vampire we had in on of our games, he was a a right scheming backstabbing lowlife.

ALB2012
The Light Beyond the Storm.