• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Chamos Everyone, Call me Dante

Dante Sawyer

Troubadour
Well, firstly, hello to all who use this forum. This is understandably my first post.

I recently just completed my first full-length novel which is the first in a six part series. Being a teenager and having to find the time to juggle writing, schoolwork, football, my girlfriend, and all my friends in general, I can’t believe I ever found the time to write a whole book. Still, I can honestly say I have never felt the way I did when I finally wrote that last word and pushed back from my computer. It took a few minutes to sink in that I actually completed my novel.

All that being said, I’m currently in the editing process. After that I do hope to get my work (The Choices of One) published. So if anyone knows of any good indie-publishers, please send some notification my way.

I just finished the prologue to the sequel of my novel and I do hope I am able to finish this one in less time than it took my first one (a story that I began writing without any plan whatsoever). I look forward to any help anyone can offer and to helping anyone who would accept it from a humble aspiring author.

Chamos.

fcbkid15

Scribe
greetings bro. Im in the middle of writing my novel, The Kings Assassin. And a footballplayer that likes to write? I've never heard of that, but keep on writing. I would love to read more from you, so keep up the work. I would like to ask you something though: How long did it take you to write the novel?

Dante Sawyer

Troubadour
Yeah I know, I'm abnormal. You typically don't see a jock being the type that aspires to be an author, but whatever.

Anyway, I started my novel in Jan of 2010. The prologue (only about 10000 words) took me four months because I was just writing whatever came to mind with no plan whatsoever. After that I had a rough idea and the next eight months I wrote a bit less than 70000 words. A year after I started I had like eighty thousand words and was on a high to finish. I cranked out the final 45000 words in three months. So it took me all and all 15 months, but once I had a plan, the process went much faster.

TWErvin2

Auror
Dante,

Glad you joined.

Your ability to juggle a busy schedule is important. No matter the stage in life you reach, there will always be a lot going on and for you to have any chance of writing success (or for it to continue), writing will have to have other than the lowest priority.

Duotrope.com is a good place to start seeking information on potential publishing houses for your work. Also check Preditors & Editors and Absolute Write to check background and track records (good, bad and otherwise).

Terry

Dante Sawyer

Troubadour
Terry and Map,
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. And Terry, thanks for the info on publishers. I'm still in the editing process, but I have been doing research on publishers so when that is all finally finished, I'll be ready to send it off as quickly as possible.

I look forward to talking with you all on the forum.

-Dante