• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Changing the visual aspect

Saigonnus

Auror
As suggested by the thread title, I was curious if there was a way to change how the site looks in regards to fonts and colors.

Saigonnus

Auror
I was curious because recently I had a short-lived problem with my eyes, and white backgrounds were the worst. Just got me thinking about whether it was possible or not. Perhaps it is something that should be considered, if only to accommodate those who need something darker.

Saigonnus

Auror
I know how to do that... my browser is on dark mode... but this site in particular has the white background.Nevertheless, I will see if I can find a way. Thank you very much for you attention to this matter.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I wasn't talking about setting the browser to dark mode. The links that are returned have to do with an extension (perhaps only for Chrome) that will turn every website to dark--looks like by inverting colors or some such. I have not tried any; I was just offering alternatives.

One that I have used before is Stylish. You can see some examples here: Website Themes & Skins by Stylish | Userstyles.org. The site is slow; be patient; at least it's all free, and there's an extension for Firefox as well as Chrome.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I just did a bit of playing around with Stylislh. It would take a bit of work, but I was able to style the html, body, and div tags all with black background and while letters. A bunch of other elements, such as the headings, the editing toolbar, and menus are still at the default, but with a bit of work I could get the rest of it. I had forgotten how much fun Stylish can be.