• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ebooks, Kindles, and iPads...blehk?

Would I sound stupid if I said that it depends on what book I'm reading?

For instance, I'll read many things on my Kindle that I wouldn't or couldn't any other way (e-book exclusives, ect.) And I'm willing to take more chances when buying a book for my Kindle. If I don't like the story or the writing, I figure that I lose less money if I get the book electronically.

On the other hand, there are some books that, for one reason or another, simply demand a hard copy. I couldn't imagine reading Tolkien or any translation of the christian Bible on an e-reader. It wouldn't feel right.

That's interesting about the Bible--I read it more on my smartphone than I have since I was a kid. I have that eLaudate app (or whatever it's called) and it gives the daily readings and has everything at my fingertips. It makes it so much more convenient. Now, I still think it's important to have an actual Bible, but the convenience is quite nice.

Aravelle

Sage
I don't like them much personally, but I see them as practical for people who have sight problems or don't have much room to store things. I think they'd be great for soldiers and hospitals to use.

Hi MystiqueRain,

I guess its not annoying for anyone who want to read books from an electronic device. You can try my sig links to enjoy reading some free or discounted books which are collected from Amazon kindle. Its really informative and useful for you. Its the matter of quality and interesting topics that really attract visitors.:)

Hi MystiqueRain,

I guess its not annoying for anyone who want to read books from an electronic device. You can try my sig links to enjoy reading some free or discounted books which are collected from Amazon kindle. Its really informative and useful for you. Its the matter of quality and interesting topics that really attract visitors.:)

Hmm. You did read that MystiqueRain was looking for people that, like how MystiqueRain feels, does not care for the electronic devices and would rather have a book, yes?

This seems a bit like spam to me...in the sense that it is rather avoiding the intention of the OP and advertisey; I sometimes have trouble not promoting myself in every thread that seems the slightest bit related to my works in the sense that I think my works are relevant, so I can understand making the mistake. Still, I guess it's for the moderators to decide if this is OK. Just throwing my two cents in.