• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Examples of Conlangs

WooHooMan

Auror
I think it's safe to assume that a fair amount of Mythic Scribes users have experimented with constructed languages. I guess making fantasy languages is just one of those things you do when you write fantasy. And I wanted to make a thread where I can check-out other people's conlangs.

So, what I'd like everyone to do is post the name of your language(s), a text example of any length and a translation. Don't explain how the language works or where it comes from or who speaks it. No backstory, just the language itself. If you want to comment on someone else's conlang or ask them a question about it, that's fine.

I guess I'll start...

OLD WESTERN

To streyf, to seek, to wes
And to neurer yelde

MODERN WESTERN

To strive, to seek, to find
And not to yield

OLD KOBOLDI

Ukanita ukudem ukutherere
Et hyayeli ukofractum

MIDDLE KOBOLDI

Uk noti uk dem uk ther
Aht nay uk reect

MODERN KOBOLDI

Ta struv, ta seek, ta foind
Ahn nut ta yeel

ascanius

Inkling
Well this is a snippet I threw together.

The language is called Kulńĭthattĭń

Bŏlirn kulńave asirnĭve mbŏquilla.
The young man travels the untamed mountains.

Quelnalve Leteĭl raavilqueĭl lnivilla.
He hunts the girl of the golden star

I'm still working on mine, but mine is known as Galaen.

An cumhae as ighar augus dheim fadir bi a drebhimalid clorud. Et haen sirpois, dar fadir bi alana, sacfirmhar augus cui, augus an drechug, dar fadir bi crach, cregfo augus nietoranachab.

The powers of ice and snow can be a double-edged sword. At one moment, it can be beautiful, peaceful and quiet, and the next, it can be harsh and unrelenting.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have given some consideration to construct a language for my story Entre el Hielo y el Cristal, but after developing a basic vocabulary and deciding to use a Castilian-like grammar, I realized that it was too difficult for me.

Sometimes I wish that I could create languages just like I create stories, that would be a lot of fun but unfortunately I do not have that kind of language skills... Anyway, here are a few short examples of my language:

1- Qual ay el vestra namell? - What is your name?

2- El Livrel della Shallens - The Book of Shadows.

3- Ella semper sellay la ventayn antis da allaseyr - She always closes the window before sleeping.

"Wux vucot ti svabol wux re charisir, Ghergo mablik. Si mi ghoros tairais coinah. Si tepoha ouith ithquenti vur rihlilg malrak coita persvek coita shio. Tenpiswo, si mi ithquent."

"You do not know what you are tempting, Mortal. I am before time itself. I have killed gods and ruled eternity. Here, I am your god."