• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Facebook author page - twin user names

I just added an author page on Facebook, and it drives me bazonkers with one thing: every time I post on it it seems to display it as "posted by other" because the post went up from my personal account. But both accounts have the same user name; on the top of the author page the identity-changing link reads "Now posting as Ken Hughes - change to Ken Hughes?"

So, is there any way to tell which Ken I "am" at the moment, so my own authorial posts don't get categorized as the work of a fan with my name?

Nihal

Vala
Alas, facebook and its updates...

I think there was an easy way to know which profile you were using. It was possible to change it through the top right menu, and it always displayed the profile and its respective avatar you were using at the moment. Now... it's a bit harder.

The only way so far I've noticed to differentiate the both would be paying attention on the post settings: I can post photos etc when using the page profile, but not as my personal profile.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
This may sound a little weird, but do you ever go by "Kenneth?" Maybe you could change your personal account to that?