• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Faerie Rising Free on Kindle This Weekend!

Picked it up. Not much of an urban fantasy reader, but I've liked what I read from you so far, so I'll give it a read. I was just looking for a new ebook to read :)

So if you spot a sale from the Netherlands, that's me :)

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Now I'm just hyperventilating. Woke up to this. Today's newsletter had only been out an hour or so.

Ratings for 4-23-2022 10am.jpg

Done! Finished the read. And it's a great book. I think I've mentioned this before somewhere, but I love your descriptions and deep dives into character's emotions.

I'm not a regular urban fantasy reader, so it did have a bit of a steep learning curve for me. It took a few chapters to find my feet between all the fae and terrians etc. But that was on me, and at no point was the learning curve too steep.

The one critisism I would have is that (spoiler...) I felt healing Winter was a bit to 'cheap'. She went from almost dead to fully functioning and healthy without any cost. I see it was a set-up for the climax of the book, but it somehow feels like she got away with her behavior without consequences.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Done! Finished the read. And it's a great book. I think I've mentioned this before somewhere, but I love your descriptions and deep dives into character's emotions.

I'm not a regular urban fantasy reader, so it did have a bit of a steep learning curve for me. It took a few chapters to find my feet between all the fae and terrians etc. But that was on me, and at no point was the learning curve too steep.

The one critisism I would have is that (spoiler...) I felt healing Winter was a bit to 'cheap'. She went from almost dead to fully functioning and healthy without any cost. I see it was a set-up for the climax of the book, but it somehow feels like she got away with her behavior without consequences.
I totally get that, but it was needed at the time. Trust me when I say we haven't seen the end of Winter's addiction issues. Thank you so very much for enjoying Seahaven so much! Hold our beer. Fun's just getting started! ;)

I totally get that, but it was needed at the time. Trust me when I say we haven't seen the end of Winter's addiction issues. Thank you so very much for enjoying Seahaven so much! Hold our beer. Fun's just getting started
:) I know. Or at least, I saw that you needed a Winter surviving and functioning for the climax. And I guessed we'd be seeing her deal with plenty of issues in the following books, since there wasn't much resolved in that regard. And that's totally fine. I still really enjoyed the story. It was just the only place where I felt the story could be better (though it's still heaps above my own writing!)