• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fallen, the Newest Anthology by Dragon Soul Press is Now on Preorder!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
And, Team Lowan is delighted to announce that we're going to be included! Yay us! In our newest short story, "Ashes Ashes," we'll be debuting a new preternatural type. Bet you can't guess what it is. ;)

Preorders are now up and running at the link, and Fallen should be available late March 2024. We hope you love it!

Available now at your favorite digital store!

1705617357501.png

Last edited:
That's a pretty cover. Go Team Lowan!

One small pet-peeve is the price. Being in the Netherlands, I end up on the Dutch Amazon site, where the price is €1.82. I'm guessing they simply picked the US price of $1.99 and converted that (using the "use this price" button). But as someone outside the US it always feels like the author (or publisher in this case) simply doesn't care about me. It takes maybe a minute to adjust the price to €1.99 which looks a lot prettier and like someone has actually made the effort. Most readers probably won't notice or care, but it always bothers me...

For me in the UK it comes up as £1.56 which is a complete equivalent. It depends what you want. Making it £1.99 would make it 43p more for UK buyers making it around 30% more expensive. You could round it down to 99p which would equate to $1.27. Or you could just leave it…

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
That's a pretty cover. Go Team Lowan!

One small pet-peeve is the price. Being in the Netherlands, I end up on the Dutch Amazon site, where the price is €1.82. I'm guessing they simply picked the US price of $1.99 and converted that (using the "use this price" button). But as someone outside the US it always feels like the author (or publisher in this case) simply doesn't care about me. It takes maybe a minute to adjust the price to €1.99 which looks a lot prettier and like someone has actually made the effort. Most readers probably won't notice or care, but it always bothers me...
And I can totally understand that. I don't get into the nitty gritty of the business, but I can definitely talk to my wife about taking a look see. Amazon absolutely easy button's the whole process, but you pay for convenience with lack of control.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Could you give us a little synopsis here?
"Ashes Ashes." Trying to not spoiler this, so let's see if I can do it really fast and sketchy and still be intriguing. Never tried to blurb a short story before. ;)

Urban Fantasy. A general and an alcoholic. Last chance.