FATHOM Maiden Voyage - an RPG

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Legendary Sidekick, May 14, 2018.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

You've all heard the story before. Monster meets Girl. Monster captures Girl. Knight in Shining Armor rescues Girl.

And then there's this story.
    [​IMG]
    The one where Girl shoots Monster in the face.

That's right, Mythic Scribblers! It's an RPG that's 100% monsters and maidens, and 0% damsel-in-distress. I'm rounding to the nearest hundred, but still... allow me to introduce my remix of the incomplete HAM2D6 ga brand new RPG with an imaginary drumroll and an actual title graphic that includes a copyright date just to make it look more official than it really is:

[​IMG]

Black Dragon and Devor like this.
  2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Oh, and about me. I was off-site for quite a while after my career got derailed. I FINALLY received an offer this morning for a full-time teaching job. Over the weekend, I was already considering running my RPG on this site, and the one thing that made me iffy about running a game at all was riding on today's interview. It was a second interview, and it turned out they made up their mind about hiring me before I entered the room. I was pleasantly surprised to be handed an offer letter as soon as I sat down!

So anyway, I am definitely up for running a game. I learned lessons from the past: mainly, to not have a long-term the-fate-of-the-world-is-in-your-hands plot. The game will be a series of island-hopping adventures -- stories that end. In fact, that's what I'll call each part of the game. Not "chapters" or "episodes," but "stories."

Black Dragon and Devor like this.