• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

From Coursera - Imagining Other Earths

There are times when I absolutely hate how much the world has changed since I was a kid. Then Coursera came along... I've taken so many of their classes it is not funny. I don't do the "homework" just watch the lectures, but in many ways it has helped me grow as a person and as a writer. I highly recommend if you are able to take a few classes do so. :) I've not been disappointed yet. And even if you are, drop that one and take something else.
I think the biggest eye opening class I've taken so far was a History of Humanities course from the University of Jerusalem. It was not so much the class material, it was the point of view. How this place in the world still views some issues that are present today. Very interesting, and it helped when I did go to write my Jewish character. I had a better understanding of where he was coming from in his own mind.

Ophiucha

Auror
Signed up. :) Coursera has been great at keeping me productive while I look for work, gives me a good sense of my schedule and gives me something more to do besides house keeping, writing, and browsing Netflix.