• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Getting your episode idea to the series creator.

Addison

Auror
I have no idea how to do it. I have several episodes outlined, half of them written, but how does one with such an idea and piece of work get it to the right person? I doubt I'm the only one who's had such projects.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Episodes of a TV show? They have their writers, they can get ideas from fan fiction sites, if they're a few seasons old they're probably cutting their writing staff and looking for people with experience. They probably won't take it.

This is what I've been told about getting into writing screenplays, by a friend who was trying it. You write a script for the "new hot show of the season," and send it to people who are doing pilots for new shows next season. The theory is that they want to see that you can match the tone of a new show people have barely seen, and then help bring that feel to their pilot that's still looking for talent.

But I'm only parroting what somebody told me, and I've never seen that advice repeated anywhere else (but I haven't looked). So, make of that what you will.